Twitter

Keane Live @ St. Petersburg



0 comments
On 5th of April I took a night train and arrived to a beautiful city of St. Petersburg in the morning. The whole trip was a real adventure, though it only lasted for 2 days, but it was fun. I spent afternoon exploring the city, after that I grabbed my booked-ages-ago-from-Moscow ticket from the agency, that part was particularly hard, because me + map + strange city = disaster, but I made it.

Fortunately finding Yubileyny Sports Palace was much easier, as it was right in front of the tube station (I got lost in St. Petersburg metro btw, but that's a long story).
We arrived 3 hours before the show, people were of course already gathering there, only a few hundreds (I say only a few hundreds, because I believe in the whole at least 10000 (!) people came to the gig, that includes both standing and sitting tickets). As you may recall on twitter Jesse was unsure whether they would be able to fully fill the stadium. On the contrary - it was packed!!! (I must add a number of folks like me, who traveled from Moscow was impressing, I recognized almost all of them from the previous gig).

Boys begun once again with 'My Shadow', but there was something wrong with the sound, so Tom started with the second line...but then decided to start the song all over again (giggling)...
The setlist was pretty much the same as at the Moscow gig:
  1. My Shadow 
  2. You Are Young 
  3. Nothing In My Way 
  4. Everybody's Changing 
  5. The Starting Line 
  6. This Is The Last Time 
  7. Sovereign Light CafĂ© 
  8. Spiralling 
  9. A Bad Dream 
  10. Disconnected 
  11. Bend and Break 
  12. Black Rain 
  13. Perfect Symmetry 
  14. Somewhere Only We Know 
  15. On The Road 
  16. Bedshaped 
  17. Is It Any Wonder?
Encore:
   18.  Sea Fog
   19.  Silenced By The Night
   20. Crystal Ball

Quick recap of the gig:
a) Gerberas were again thrown from the first rows onto the stage...
b) this time we lighted the glowsticks during 'Black Rain' at the  words '...I open my eyes, everything shines...'
c) another girl did the same trick with 'Tom-wish-me-a-happy-b-day-sign'...not original anymore, but she got what she wanted!
'Would you like tonight to be you Birthday party?' - Tom Chaplin



d) Tom's reaction after 'A Bad Dream' - once again priceless. 'You guys went crazy!'


e) Tom's comparison of the song 'The Starting Line' to the vodka...xD


f) Only one word that Mr. Chaplin learned so far in Russian is - SPASIBO . I shoot that moment on my phone. One fan in the front row screamed 'Your Russian is great!' - Tom's reaction to that - 'Based on one word?' (after a few songs people cheered Spasibo - Guys were delighted, Tom's reply was - 'No, thank YOU'!)


g) Tom - 'In England we all complain about the weather, but really we're pussies compare to you'...'How long is the summer here, like 2 weeks?' - to what we screamed - 'Our summer started today!'


h) My favorite moment when Tom was given Russian flag with the words 'YOUR RUSSIAN ARMY' written on it! 'I guess have to be very careful when I say about this after all what's happened in the past...but it's brilliant to have you here on our side tonight...' - said Tom.



Pics spam:
And some more:

P.S. Lovely World flag was always covering the drums before the shows!

And a little treat (from Igor Malakhov): (by little treat I mean HQ photos)
click on THIS link!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post